In the realm of science fiction, a universe has captivated audiences for decades with its intricate narrative and diverse characters. While the cinematic adaptations have introduced us to many memorable figures, many others have never been portrayed on the big screen, yet their significance in the overarching narrative is undeniable. These characters, emerging from the expanded universe of video games, books, and animated series, have contributed their unique narratives to the saga, enriching its depth and complexity. From formidable dark lords to resilient apprentices, from strategic masterminds to mysterious creatures with special abilities, these characters have played pivotal roles in shaping the narrative as we know it.
- Darth Plagueis: A Dark Lord of the Sith who was so powerful that he could use special abilities to influence the midi-chloriens to create life. He was killed in his sleep by his apprentice, Darth Sidious.
- Cal Kestis: The protagonist of a popular game and the upcoming sequel. He was a sensitive apprentice that had to hide his connection to special abilities after a significant event.
- Ezra Bridger: Introduced in a canon animated series, Ezra Bridger is a young human male who discovered his connection to special abilities and became an apprentice. He was instrumental in the creation of a rebellion.
- Din Djarin: Known as The Mandalorian, Din Djarin is a bounty hunter who does not appear in the original trilogy or the sequels.
- Grand Admiral Thrawn: A character from a series of legends, Grand Admiral Thrawn is one of the greatest tactical minds in the universe. He was reintroduced to canon with a book trilogy and as the leading antagonist in an animated series.
- Grogu: Also known as "Baby Yoda," Grogu is a member of the same species as a grand master. He is powerful in special abilities and is an initiate who survived a significant event.
- Darth Bane: A legend amongst the Sith and a feared myth amongst the Jedi, Darth Bane was the sole survivor of the destruction of the Brotherhood of Darkness and existed thousands of years before a major conflict. He was instrumental in the creation of the Rule of Two.
- Ahsoka Tano: The Padawan to Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano is a veteran of a major conflict and the survivor of a significant event. She exists outside the boundaries of two major factions and was first introduced in an animated series. She will star in her live-action series.
In conclusion, the universe we are exploring is far more expansive than what is portrayed in the movies. Characters like Darth Plagueis, Cal Kestis, Ezra Bridger, Din Djarin, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Grogu, Darth Bane, and Ahsoka Tano have all left indelible marks on the narrative, despite never appearing in the films. Their stories, unfolding in the expanded universe, have added depth and intrigue to the lore, proving that this universe is teeming with untold tales and unseen heroes. As the narrative grows and evolves, we can look forward to meeting more such fascinating characters, each adding a new chapter to this epic tale.